Tenement EPL 6987 (called Koppies) is the first of Marenica’s strategically located tenements in the Namib Desert region of Namibia, to be explored. Several exploration drilling programs have been completed at Koppies with excellent results achieved.
- Drilling has identified exceptional uranium mineralisation, with the best intersections including:
- KP001 6m at 342ppm U3O8 from 8m
- KP004 6m at 432ppm U3O8 from 7m
- KP005 5m at 351ppm U3O8 from 6m
- KP045 10m at 687ppm U3O8 from 2m
- Including 2m at 1,974 ppm U3O8
- KP047 5m at 194ppm U3O8 from 5m and 2m at 593ppm U3O8 from 15m
- KP055 13m at 905ppm U3O8 from 3m
- Including 2m at 4,504ppm U3O8
- KOR21 11m at 502ppm U3O8 from 6m
- KOR62 3m at 3,087ppm U3O8 from 1m
- Including 1m at 7,060ppm U3O8
- Results confirm mineralisation in shallow drill holes, less than 20m in depth
- The mineralised palaeochannel extends the full width of the tenement.
- The palaeochannel area is 6.4km²
- Mineralisation is calcrete hosted within palaeochannels; the same style of ore used to develop Marenica’s U-pgradeTM uranium beneficiation process. For more information refer to the U-pgradeTM page of our website.
The location of Koppies relative to Marenica’s other EPL’s and nearby known calcrete deposits, is shown in Figure 1 following.
The drill hole locations and the palaeochannel at Koppies are shown in Figure 2.
Figure 1 – Location of Koppies in the Namib Desert, Namibia
Figure 2 – Location of Drill Holes and Palaeochannels at Koppies
The Koppies palaeochannel runs the full width of the EPL, approximately 5 km.
The Koppies palaeochannel flows westwards from Marenica’s EPL 7279. This discovery at Koppies 2 increases the potential for mineralisation in EPL 7279.
The identification of multiple mineralised palaeochannels emphasises the encouraging exploration potential of the extensive, uranium-fertile palaeochannel system which is Koppies. Future exploration will be aimed at defining the extent of the mineralised system at Koppies.
Marenica’s drilling campaigns at Koppies follow the Company’s strategy to acquire a significant contiguous strategic package of exploration tenements in the Namib desert, following geological interpretation of regional uranium deposition.
Mineralisation identified within the palaeochannels is calcrete hosted uranium, the same style of ore used to develop Marenica’s U-pgradeTM uranium beneficiation process. The Company, is therefore, confident that based on the results of the Marenica Uranium Scoping Study, U-pgradeTM could be successfully applied if mining and processing operations were developed at Koppies, for a consequent significant reduction in development costs compared to Marenica’s peers with similar grade ores in Namibia.
- 21 July 2020
Extensive Palaeochannel Discovered in Namibia, Mineralised over 30 Kilometres
- 21 July 2020
CEO Interview with Ausbiz
- 15 July 2020
Noosa Mining Virtual Conference Presentation
- 15 July 2020
Noosa Investor Presentation